At Gusto, our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. We envision a future where HR helps millions of people foster better relationships at work and payroll is a celebration rather than a transaction.
The Senior Marketing Analyst is responsible for providing the Marketing team with data-driven insights that guide the marketing optimization and investment decisions. The domain areas cover media and channel performance and ROI, customer segmentation and LTV.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboarding that helps marketing teams improve performance across channels
- Analyze cross channel data, including email marketing, upsell, retention, creatives, ads, customer segments to pinpoint opportunities to increase revenue and margin
- Define analytics standards, data definitions, dashboards, and processes to provide timely and insightful analysis.
- Forecast leads, customers, cost of acquisition, visit to lead, and other important metrics for Gusto’s acquisition team
- Steward our company wide campaign tracking taxonomy and ensure data is clean and usable
- Provide analysis and insight on marketing and business development/partner marketing initiatives: campaign performance, channel contributions, attribution analysis, ROI, and performance against budget and forecast.
- Deliver dashboards using Tableau & Datorama that enable data driven decision making
- Work with internal teams to build the future of analytics at Gusto, including multi-touch attribution
- Support marketing in construction of and reporting on effective experiments
- Engage cross functionally with sales, CX, and I&O to build full funnel views of the prospect journey and strive for one single source of truth
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Strong analytical, data driven mindset, and a good overall intuition for numbers and data
- 3-5 years of experience with large complex data sets from various sources, ideally with a focus on marketing, sales, or customer acquisition
- Advanced in BI tools, like Looker or Tableau
- Able to construct advanced SQL queries
- Knowledgeable about web analytics, including how data is collected at the visitor level
- Experienced user of one or more web analytics or testing tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Heap, MixPanel, Segment, Optimizely)
- Advanced user of Excel
- Some exposure to statistics and able to conduct stat significant experiments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, and a “can-do” attitude
- Efficient and effective multi-tasker, able to handle multiple projects without missing deadlines
- Scrappy - able to build solid insights with some missing information or via triangulation
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.