Gusto is making the most complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal. Imagine payroll that brings everyone peace of mind, HR that transforms work into a community, and benefits that help people plan for a better future. That’s what we’re building at Gusto.
We’re looking for a strong, motivated, and creative engineer to join our Growth Engineering team.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own what you build as you architect, refine, and test the Gusto platform
- Focus on quality, because our software is complex and people's livelihood depends on it
- Work cross functionally with our marketing and design teams to improve conversion for our users
- Write code that will be responsible for discontinuous jumps in our growth rate and meaningful business impact
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering, with considerable full-stack web application experience
- Interest in technologies like React.js, Ruby, and Rails
- Derive happiness not only from solving problems for our customers, but preventing problems from happening in the first place
- Attitude of humility and service. We proactively find ways to use our skills not only to serve our end users, but also our colleagues in other departments
- Passionate about measuring and improving conversion in our onboarding experience to provide a more delightful first-time experience for our new customers
- Turns wireframes and mockups into elegantly-executed code
- Thinks outside of the box and gets creative with ways to not just tweak growth, but improve it by an order of magnitude
- Loves working in a cross-functional team of PMs, marketers, and designers
- Embraces a test-driven development and code review culture
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.