Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb’s Public Policy team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. We work hard to educate policymakers around the world about the amazing positive impact we can have on cities and tourism, and we develop one-of-a-kind campaign efforts to highlight our community and advance public policy wins for our hosts and for the entire sharing economy. Airbnb recently made a USD1m commitment to boost community led tourism projects in Africa.
This includes the roll-out of a host empowerment programmer and the inaugural Africa Travel Summit
in 2018. This role is focused delivery of writing the playbook for and delivery of those initiatives 2018. We are looking for an experienced project/event manager with exceptional organisational skills and established relationships Africa preferably in the tourism, tech and development space. You must be a self starter and able to confidently represent Airbnb to external partners,coordinating well with local and international colleagues.
Please note this is minimum a 9month contract
- Event management of the Africa Travel Summit from conceptual phase through to hosting the event and doing the follow up. This will include co-ordination of partners & scheduling, identifying speakers, inviting delegates, laying out agreements, overseeing budget and all of of the logistics related to the event.
- Project manage the host empowerment programme working alongside partners to deliver the project. This will include identifying and scoping opportunities, negotiating terms, advancing contractual agreements, coordinating rollouts, reporting and collating insights, and managing budgets.
- Project-manage & deliver other strategic partnerships that advance Airbnb long-term policy objectives with public and private sector institutions within the government, tourism, economic development, and innovation
- Work cross-functionally across Airbnb to deliver creative and impactful initiatives that support policy objectives and
- 5+ years professional experience, ideally with significant experience in event and project management
- First-rate project management skills: Acute attention to detail and highly organized; ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and with multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of tech, development and tourism a must
- Experience of working within a policy setting is an advantage
- Ability to communicate quickly, effectively and accurately to various audiences.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements. Startup experience a plus.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, take full ownership, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to travel and have a flexible schedule.
Please submit CV/resume in English.